Frozen Maple Mousse Pie
A homemade crust made with ginger cookie crumbs really complements the maple syrup in this frozen refresher. It’s a cool yet comforting finale to a holiday meal. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and
- confectioners' sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a
- greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly
- whisk the maple syrup and egg yolks until mixture reaches 160°.
- Remove from the heat; beat mixture for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in rum.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into maple
- mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 4 hours or
- until set. Garnish with cookie crumbs if desired. Yield: 8 servings.