A homemade crust made with ginger cookie crumbs really complements the maple syrup in this frozen refresher. It’s a cool yet comforting finale to a holiday meal. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and confectioners' sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the maple syrup and egg yolks until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; beat mixture for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rum.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into maple mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until set. Garnish with cookie crumbs if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Maple Mousse Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p133
Reviews for Frozen Maple Mousse Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review