Frozen Macaroon Dessert Recipe
Put summer on freeze and enjoy a slice of sweet bliss. With all the flavors of paradise, this pie whisks you away to a tropical staycation. —Mavis Gannello, Oak Park, Illinois
- 3 cups crumbled soft macaroon cookies
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and reserved juice until crumbly; set aside and refrigerate 3 tablespoons for topping.
- 3. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine ice cream, pineapple and nuts; spread over crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- 5. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 501 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Frozen Macaroon Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC