- 3 cups crumbled soft macaroon cookies
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Increase oven temperature to 400°.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and reserved juice until crumbly; set aside and refrigerate 3 tablespoons for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream, pineapple and nuts; spread over crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Macaroon Dessert in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p38
Reviews for Frozen Macaroon Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review