Frozen Macaroon Dessert Recipe
Put summer on freeze and enjoy a slice of sweet bliss. With all the flavors of paradise, this pie whisks you away to a tropical staycation. —Mavis Gannello, Oak Park, Illinois
- 3 cups crumbled soft macaroon cookies
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/2 gallon butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and reserved juice until crumbly; set aside and refrigerate 3 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan.
- Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, pineapple and nuts; spread over crust. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Spread whipped topping over top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Macaroon Dessert in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p38
Reviews for Frozen Macaroon Dessert(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >