Frozen Lime Cake
Block parties, cookouts or anytime you need a supercool dessert, we’ve got just the thing. The crust is a snap, and the ice cream and sherbet layers are delish. Everyone loves this! —Kathy Gillogly, Sun City, California
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints pineapple coconut or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups lime sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the almonds, cookies and butter. Press onto
- the bottom of a 9-in. square pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze for at least 30
- minutes. Top with sherbet. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish servings
- with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without whipped topping) equals 499 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.