Block parties, cookouts or anytime you need a supercool dessert, we’ve got just the thing. The crust is a snap, and the ice cream and sherbet layers are delish. Everyone loves this! —Kathy Gillogly, Sun City, California
- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints pineapple-coconut or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pints lime sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in.-square pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze at least 30 minutes. Top with sherbet. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish servings with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Lime Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p35
Reviews for Frozen Lime Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2012
"Served this to my church group on a hot summer evening and they said "it's a keeper". I'm loving every bite of the leftovers. Serves more than 9 if you don't cut huge pieces."