This refreshing dessert is simple to whip up and serve. I've also made it with pink lemonade concentrate using red food coloring and limeade concentrate with green food coloring.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 12 squares)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned. Cool crust completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl, beat lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired for 30 seconds. Gradually spoon in ice cream and blend. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into prepared crust. Freeze until solid, about 2 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Lemon Pie in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p288
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Frozen Lemonade Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review