Frozen Lemon Yogurt
"Wanting something with fewer calories, I tinkered with a lemon ice cream recipe until I liked what I tasted," says field editor Carol Mead of Los Alamos, New Mexico. "This cool tangy treat is so refreshing!"
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Freeze: 30 min. + freezing
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 4 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and peel; mix well.
- Stir in food coloring if desired. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer
- two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen
- in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for at
- least 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 187 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.