Frozen Lemon-Berry Margaritas Recipe
Reader Julie Hieggelke of Chicago, Illinois cools down those summer months with this absolutely fantastic margarita. It's slightly icy, thick and perfect on those warm afternoons.
- 4 lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 2/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup tequila, optional
- 1. Using lime wedges, moisten the rims of four margarita or cocktail glasses. Set aside limes for garnish. Sprinkle coarse sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- 2. In a blender, combine the lemonade concentrate and raspberries; cover and process until blended. Press mixture through a fine sieve; discard seeds. Return raspberry mixture to blender; add the ice, strawberries, blueberries, sugar and tequila if desired. Cover and process until smooth.
- 3. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup (calculated without tequila) equals 271 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC