Frozen Key Lime Delight Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated Key lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and Key lime slices, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, peel and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 4. Sprinkle half the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 672 calories, 46g fat (27g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Key Lime Delight
"This dessert is sublime. I substituted bottle key lime juice for the fresh and it was still divine. Highly recommend."
"I can't believe this recipe has no reviews. If I could give it ten out of five stars I would. You know, it takes forever to zest and squeeze a cup's worth of key limes. I had to rearrange my entire overstuffed freezer to make room for a 13"x9" dish. It was all worth it. Highly, highly recommended! Thank you for this recipe! And yes; it's worth all 670 calories."