Frozen Key Lime Delight Recipe
In the middle of summer, nothing hits the spot quite like this sublime key lime dessert. Cold, creamy and tart, it looks like sunshine.—Melissa Millwood, Lyman, South Carolina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated key lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and key lime slices
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, peel and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 3. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- 4. Sprinkle half the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without garnishes) equals 672 calories, 46 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC