Frozen Key Lime Delight Recipe
In the middle of summer, nothing hits the spot quite like this sublime key lime dessert. Cold, creamy and tart, it looks like sunshine.Melissa Millwood, Lyman, South Carolina
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated key lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and key lime slices
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream, milk, lime juice, peel and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Sprinkle half of the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Key Lime Delight in Country Woman June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Frozen Key Lime Delight(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cashew Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Ice Cream Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >