In the middle of summer, nothing hits the spot quite like this sublime key lime dessert. Cold, creamy and tart, it looks like sunshine.—Melissa Millwood, Lyman, South Carolina
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated key lime peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and key lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, peel and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Sprinkle half the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Key Lime Delight in Country Woman June/July 2012, p33
Reviews for Frozen Key Lime Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review