Frozen Ice Cream Delight Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon chocolate, coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Combine 2 cups cookie crumbs with butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread ice cream over crumbs; freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- 4. Spoon sauce over ice cream layer; sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze until firm. Spread whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece equals 620 calories, 36 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Ice Cream Delight
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.