Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2-3/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Gradually add milk, reserving 2 tablespoons for blending; cook and stir until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze 2 hours or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 4 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process with remaining milk until smooth. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 285 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Hot Chocolate
"it is a cold hot chocolate that taste like it has been sitting aside and which someone forgot it. not very tasty, should have stopped when taken out of the pan. the hot cocoa should have not went in the freezer."
"YUM! So fun. Thanks for sharing and like another user, my boys thought I'd brought home frosties from Wendy's too. Ha!"
"Frozen Hot chocolate is famous at Serendipity in New York City. I have always wanted to try it, so I was excited to see the recipe. Anyone able to comment on the taste similarities?"
"BECAUSE IF YOU MADE IT HOT IT WOULD TASTE LIKE HOT CHOC"
"Tastes like a frozen fast food drink. Why would anyone call it Hot Choc?"
"It was a hit! The only thing I think I will do next time is not use 1% milk which is all we buy. I think it needed to be creamier. Likely the recommended 2% or even whole milk would be perfect."
"My family thought I'd taken a wendy's frostie and put it in my glasses!! Maybe I'll use chocolate milk(1%) next time."