Frozen Hot Chocolate
Make it an occasion for chocolate lovers with this yummy, icy treat. For a stiffer consistency, freeze for 8 hours. Serve in frosted goblets for a pretty touch! —Lillian Julow, Gainesvilla, Florida
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2-3/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Gradually add milk,
- reserving 2 tablespoons for blending; cook and stir until heated
- through and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze for 2 hours or until edges
- begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 4 hours longer or
- until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- with remaining milk until smooth. Garnish with whipped topping and
- chocolate syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 285 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.