Make it an occasion for chocolate lovers with this yummy, icy treat. For a stiffer consistency, freeze for 8 hours. Serve in frosted goblets for a pretty touch! —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2-3/4 cups 2% milk, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 teaspoons chocolate syrup
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Gradually add milk, reserving 2 tablespoons for blending; cook and stir until heated through and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Transfer to an 8-in.-square dish. Freeze 2 hours or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 4 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process with remaining milk until smooth. Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Hot Chocolate in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p41
Reviews for Frozen Hot Chocolate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review