Frozen Hawaiian Pie Recipe
Cool summer pies are one of Mom's specialties. This version offers pineapple, maraschino cherries and walnuts that are folded into a fluffy filling. It's an easy yet tempting no-bake dessert. —Jennifer Mcquillan, Jacksonville, Florida
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches)
- Fresh mint and additional walnuts and maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk and whipped topping. Fold in the pineapple, nuts, cherries and lemon juice. Pour half into each crust. Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Garnish with mint, additional nuts and cherries. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC