Frozen Greek Vanilla Yogurt Recipe
- 3 cups reduced-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1. Line a strainer or colander with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter; place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with sides of cheesecloth. Refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- 2. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth to a bowl; discard strained liquid. Add sugar and vanilla to yogurt, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cold water and lemon juice; sprinkle with gelatin and let stand 1 minute. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and let mixture stand 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 4. Pour yogurt mixture into cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions, adding gelatin mixture during the last 10 minutes of processing.
- 5. Transfer frozen yogurt to a freezer container. Freeze 2-4 hours or until firm enough to scoop. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/2 cup equals 225 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Greek Vanilla Yogurt
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.