Frozen Grasshopper Torte
I first made this tasty torte for a ladies' meeting at our church, and it went over very well. I've made it often since then and have received many compliments from young and old alike.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 4 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 40 cookes)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, toss crushed cookies with melted butter. Reserve 1/4
- cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a
- 9-in. springform pan or 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 10 minutes. Spread ice
- cream over crust. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, mix
- marshmallow creme, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring
- until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved cookie mixture. Freeze,
- covered, until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 385 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.