I first made this minty cool torte for a ladies' meeting at our church. I’m still making it, and the compliments keep coming. —Elma Penner, Oak Bluff, Manitoba
- 4 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 40 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and melted butter; toss until coated. Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a 9-in. springform pan or 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 10 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Freeze, covered, until firm.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. In a large bowl, mix marshmallow creme, milk, extract and, if desired, food coloring until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spread over ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved cookie mixture. Freeze, covered, until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Grasshopper Torte in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p66
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review