- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat 12-14 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Stir in liqueurs and, if desired, extract.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold in marshmallow mixture. Transfer to crust. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. If desired, top with cherries and additional whipped cream just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Pie
"Nice dessert for winter and summer. Not if you are watching calories."
"I have made this for a summer dessert and it was very refreshing. The second time I made for a Christmas holiday party and substituted 12 oz softened Cream Cheese for the marshmallows and just mixed with about 1/4 cup milk. I then folded the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream (no melting and then cooling required) and spread into the cookie shell. I had rave reviews from guests as it made for a more creamier, richer texture."