Frozen German Chocolate Pie Recipe
In summer I make this pie to take to church suppers, where chocolate desserts are a hit. It's light and refreshing, and can be served either chilled or frozen.
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 to 9 inches)
- 1. In a saucepan, heat chocolate and 2 tablespoons milk over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate and remaining milk; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust and freeze until firm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 304 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC