- 4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of fudge pops):
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the milk powder, sugar, flour and cocoa. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months or refrigerate for up to 3 months. Yield: 3 batches (6-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare fudge pops: In a saucepan, whisk 2 cups mix and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 1-2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly. Fill 3-oz. molds or cups three-fourths full; top with holders or insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for up to 3 months. Yield: 10 fudge pops.
Originally published as Frozen Fudge Pops in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p22
Reviews for Frozen Fudge Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review