Frozen Fruit Salad Recipe
"I use this recipe to add a healthy twist to brown-bag lunches," reports Virginia Powell of Eureka, Kansas. "I'm always in a hurry in the morning, so having a ready-made salad is a great help."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:22-24 servings
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 juice can water
- 1. In a food processor, chop apricots. In a bowl, combine the apricots, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, orange juice and water. Ladle into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Freeze.
- 2. When frozen, quickly remove salads to freezer bags or tightly covered storage containers. When packing a lunch, place salad in individual storage container in a thermal lunch bag and it will thaw by lunchtime. Yield: 22-24 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 62 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC