"I use this recipe to add a healthy twist to brown-bag lunches," reports Virginia Powell of Eureka, Kansas. "I'm always in a hurry in the morning, so having a ready-made salad is a great help."
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
- 1 can (16 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 container (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 3 medium bananas, sliced
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 juice can water
- In a food processor, chop apricots. In a bowl, combine the apricots, strawberries, bananas, pineapple, orange juice and water. Ladle into muffin cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray. Freeze.
- When frozen, quickly remove salads to freezer bags or tightly covered storage containers. When packing a lunch, place salad in individual storage container in a thermal lunch bag and it will thaw by lunchtime. Yield: 22-24 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad in Taste of Home August/September 1993, p54
Reviews for Frozen Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review