This tasty make-ahead salad from Carol Heath of Fayetteville, Georgia is an appealing addition to a buffet table. For pretty presentation, Carol serves it on a bed of lettuce and garnishes it with fresh strawberries.
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 can (30 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and sugar until smooth. Add vinegar and food coloring if desired and mix well. Fold in fruit cocktail, marshmallows, pecans and whipped cream.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. ring mold or fluted tube pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Just before serving, invert onto a platter. Cut into 1-in. slices. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad Ring in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p36