From Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri comes a new kind of fruit salad. "The thought of something chilled was so appealing to me one hot day," relates Faye. "I combined frozen and fresh ingredients. It's a treat we eat often now."
- 6 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl, toss bananas with lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add bananas.
- Pour into an ungreased 14-cup star-shaped or other mold or plastic freezer containers. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Unmold 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad in Country Woman July/August 1996, p30
Reviews for Frozen Fruit Salad Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review