Frozen Fruit and Nut Salad
For a cool treat, I serve this frozen salad. The fruit is so flavorful and is so easy to whip up.—Betty Shaw, Weirton, West Virginia
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach or cherry pie filling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pie filling. Add oranges, pineapple
- and nuts. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spread in a 13-in. x 9-in.
- pan. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before
- serving. Cut into squares; serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 239 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.