For a cool treat, I serve this frozen salad. The fruit is so flavorful and is so easy to whip up.—Betty Shaw, Weirton, West Virginia
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach or cherry pie filling
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pie filling. Add oranges, pineapple and nuts. Gently fold in whipped topping. Spread in a 13-in. x 9-in. pan. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares; serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad in Reminisce Extra February 1994, p47
Reviews for Frozen Fruit and Nut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review