Frozen Date Salad
Our family spent 15 years in Vermont, which is known for its delicious maple syrup, and that’s where I found this recipe. Maine also has beautiful maple trees, so we continue to enjoy this salad made with locally produced syrup. Combined with cream cheese, dates and walnuts, the salad complements many meals.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. In a small bowl,
- beat cream cheese and syrup until smooth. Fold in the pineapple,
- dates, walnuts and whipped topping. Spoon into prepared pan; cover
- with foil. Freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- May be frozen for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes
- before serving. Invert onto a serving plate; cut into slices. Yield:
- 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 481 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.