Frozen Cucumber Salad
Here's a delicious way to enjoy garden-fresh cucumbers year-round. I got this recipe from a friend and made good use of it one year after my husband harvested a very large crop. Just defrost...and enjoy the crispy texture!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 quarts sliced unpeeled small cucumbers
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- Combine cucumbers, onions and salt. Let mixture soak for 3 hours. In
- a saucepan, warm the vinegar and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Drain cucumbers and add to vinegar mixture. Ladle into plastic
- freezer containers and freeze. When ready to use, defrost and serve
- chilled. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.