- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 9 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine milk and yeast; stir until dissolved. In large bowl, cream the sugar, shortening and salt. Add eggs; mix well. Add half the flour; then add milk mixture, mixing until flour is moistened. Add remaining flour by hand.
- Turn out dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place dough in greased bowl; cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours. Divide dough into four parts. Roll each into a circle and brush with melted butter. Cut each circle into 16 wedges. Roll each piece into a crescent, starting at wide end. Place on baking sheet and freeze immediately.
- When frozen, place in plastic freezer bags and seal. Store in the freezer for up to 4 weeks. To bake, place on greased baking sheets and cover; let rise until doubled, about 3-4 hours. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes. Yield: 64 rolls.
Reviews for Frozen Crescent Rolls
Sort By :
"I make these for every holiday meal! My family loves them and they are so easy for me to make. I have found out that if you freeze them for more than a month, they don't rise very well."
"I halved the recipe and made the dough in my bread machine, I used butter for the shortening, my family really enjoyed these, I am making more now to stock up my freezer!"
"This is a very nice dough, easy work with. The taste is wonderful. I cut each wedge into 12 pieces to make a little bit larger roll."