Frozen Cranberry Walnut Salad Recipe
This frosty fruit salad from Freda Triano of Milwaukie, Oregon is a marvelous make-ahead addition to any menu. It gets its appealing appearance from cranberries and its fun crunch from chopped walnuts.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Place cranberries in a blender, cover and process until coarsely ground. Pour into a bowl; add sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine pineapple, juice and marshmallows. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3. Add cranberry mixture. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry-pineapple mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- 4. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square dishes. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- 5. To use frozen salad: Remove from the freezer about 45 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 salads (6-8 servings each).
1 each: 697 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 106g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Walnut Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC