- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cranberries in a blender, cover and process until coarsely ground. Pour into a bowl; add sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine pineapple, juice and marshmallows. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Add cranberry mixture. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry-pineapple mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square dishes. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen salad: Remove from the freezer about 45 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 salads (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p15
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Walnut Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 20, 2007
"This is wonderful! I took it to a potluck & everyone thought it was a great dessert & wanted the recipe. It was the first dish gone & everyone was looking for seconds."