Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie
This recipe is from my mother's collection. My husband doesn't like pumpkin pie, but he looks forward to this pie at Thanksgiving. It can be made ahead, then served with ease.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In another bowl, whip
- whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until thick but not stiff. Add to
- cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy. Fold in cranberry
- Spoon into pie crust; freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Remove
- from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 342 calories, 22 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 166 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.