Frozen Cranberry Pineapple Salad
For a refreshing side dish (that could also be served as a dessert), try Frozen Cranberry Salad from Rita Goshaw of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- Chopped pecans
- Additional cranberries and fresh mint, optional
- In a food processor or blender, process cranberries, sugar and
- pineapple until the cranberries are finely chopped. Pour into a
- bowl; let stand for 10 minutes. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into
- four foil muffin cups; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze. Remove from the
- freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with cranberries and mint
- if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 119 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.