Frozen Cranberry Pie Recipe
"Like everyone else, I like desserts but don't need the calories," says Julie Meyer of Madison, Wisconsin. "I make this pie for my roommates, and they never complain...they just gobble it up!"
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 5 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup crushed chocolate wafers (about 9 wafers)
- 16 fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 8 orange peel strips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1. In a bowl, whisk cranberry sauce and orange peel until blended. Fold in ice cream and food coloring if desired. Cover and freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sprinkle crushed wafers in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Freeze for 10 minutes. Spoon ice cream mixture into pie plate. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Toss cranberries and orange peel in sugar. Remove pie from freezer 10-15 minutes before cutting. Garnish with sugared cranberries and orange peel. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 209 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC