- 24 gingersnap cookies
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen French vanilla whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Arrange cookies around the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate, cutting cookies if necessary to fit.
- In a small bowl, combine milk and pudding mixes. Stir in the cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup whipped topping, 1/3 cup almonds, ginger and almond extract. Pour into prepared pie plate; chill for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add remaining almonds; cook over medium heat until nuts are toasted, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until sugar is melted. Spread on foil to cool.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over filling; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and freeze overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Pie with Candied Almonds in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p58
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Pie with Candied Almonds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review