Frozen Cranberry Orange Salad
This recipe is different from most cranberry salads and it's delectable. This salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces.Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the
- cranberry sauce, orange juice and peel in a food processor; cover
- and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with
- pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen
- for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into
- pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 175 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.