This recipe is different from most cranberry salads and it's delectable. This salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces.—Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the cranberry sauce, orange juice and peel in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken. Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p28
Reviews for Frozen Cranberry Orange Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review