This recipe is different from most cranberry salads and it's delectable. This salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces.—Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the cranberry sauce, orange juice and peel in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken. Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into pieces. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p28
Reviews forFrozen Cranberry Orange Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review