Frozen Cranberry Banana Salad
A luscious combination of sweet and tangy, crunchy and creamy, this pretty salad makes a great side dish or dessert. Its light pink color and delicate banana flavor make it perfect for a bridal shower or ladies' luncheon.
—Phylis Hoffman, Conway, Arkansas
12-16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 5 medium firm bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Drain pineapple juice into a medium bowl; set pineapple aside. Add
- bananas to the juice. In a large bowl, combine cranberry sauce and
- sugar. Remove bananas, discarding juice, and add to cranberry
- mixture. Stir in pineapple, whipped topping and nuts.
- Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze until solid. Remove from the
- freezer 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 200 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.