Frozen Coconut Dessert Recipe
A crunchy coconut and macadamia nut garnish pairs well with this cool and creamy dessert. —Charlotte Mallet-Prevost, Frederick, Maryland
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/3 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in 2 cups coconut and vanilla. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into coconut mixture. Pour into serving dishes. Cover and freeze overnight.
- 2. Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. Toast the remaining coconut; sprinkle over dessert. Top with macadamia nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 447 calories, 36g fat (23g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 108mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Coconut Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC