- 1-1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- In a large saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool. Stir in 2 cups coconut and vanilla. In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into coconut mixture. Pour into serving dishes. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 45 minutes before serving. Toast the remaining coconut; sprinkle over dessert. Top with macadamia nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Coconut Dessert in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005 , p228
Reviews for Frozen Coconut Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review