Frozen Citrus Bowls Recipe
Impress your company with these easy-to-do bowls. The thin citrus slices add a magical feel to a special dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 large limes, thinly sliced
- Lemon sorbet, orange sorbet and reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Line twelve 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap. Dip fruit slices in sugar mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place alternating slices in bowls, overlapping slightly; cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Scoop 1/2 cup sorbet or ice cream into each citrus bowl. Cover and freeze until serving.
- 4. Gently remove citrus bowls from ramekins. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1 citrus bowl: 131 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Reviews for Frozen Citrus Bowls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC