Frozen Citrus Bowls Recipe
Impress your company with these easy-to-do bowls. The thin citrus slices add a magical feel to a special dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + freezing YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 large limes, thinly sliced
- Lemon sorbet, orange sorbet and reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- 2. Line twelve 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap. Dip fruit slices in sugar mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place alternating slices in bowls, overlapping slightly; cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Scoop 1/2 cup sorbet or ice cream into each citrus bowl. Cover and freeze until serving.
- 4. Gently remove citrus bowls from ramekins. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup ice cream or sorbet equals 131 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC