Frozen Citrus Bowls
Impress your company with these easy-to-do bowls. The thin citrus slices add a magical feel to a special dessert.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 large limes, thinly sliced
- Lemon sorbet, orange sorbet and reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium
- heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar
- is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Line twelve 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap. Dip
- fruit slices in sugar mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place
- alternating slices in bowls, overlapping slightly; cover and freeze
- for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop 1/2 cup sorbet or ice cream into each citrus bowl. Cover and
- freeze until serving.
- Gently remove citrus bowls from ramekins. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup ice cream or sorbet equals 131 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,