Frozen Citrus Bowls Recipe
Impress your company with these easy-to-do bowls. The thin citrus slices add a magical feel to a special dessert.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium oranges, thinly sliced
- 2 large lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 large limes, thinly sliced
- Lemon sorbet, orange sorbet and reduced-fat vanilla ice cream
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- Line twelve 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups with plastic wrap. Dip fruit slices in sugar mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place alternating slices in bowls, overlapping slightly; cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Scoop 1/2 cup sorbet or ice cream into each citrus bowl. Cover and freeze until serving.
- Gently remove citrus bowls from ramekins. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Citrus Bowls in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p75
Reviews for Frozen Citrus Bowls(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >