Frozen Christmas Salad Recipe
My mom’s use of red and green cherries to decorate dishes at Christmastime inspired me to create my holiday gelatin mold. It’s cool, creamy and fun to serve guests.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Christmas Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC