Frozen Christmas Salad Recipe
My mom’s use of red and green cherries to decorate dishes at Christmastime inspired me to create my holiday gelatin mold. It’s cool, creamy and fun to serve guests.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Christmas Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Frozen Christmas Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review