My mom’s use of red and green cherries to decorate dishes at Christmastime inspired me to create my holiday gelatin mold. It’s cool, creamy and fun to serve guests.
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Christmas Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p59
Reviews for Frozen Christmas Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review