"In summer, this cool make-ahead dessert is one of my favorites," relates Tammy Neubauer of Ida Grove, Iowa.
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt marshmallows and chocolate chips with milk. Remove from heat; cool.
- In a skillet, stir coconut in butter until browned. Remove from the heat; stir in crumbs. Pat three-fourths into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cool. Spoon half of the ice cream onto crust.
- Top with half of the chocolate mixture. Layer with remaining ice cream and chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs. Cover and freeze for at least 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Chocolate Torte in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p67
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review