Frozen Chocolate Pie Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls or chips, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chocolate curls or chips if desired. Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut). Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 302 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Pie
"Delicious! I used one of my grandmother's tricks. Someone brought store bought peanut butter cookies to work. They got hard and someone was going to throw them out, so I brought them home and used them for the crust. Just process to crumbs and add melted butter, as you would a graham cracker crust. What goes better with chocolate than peanut butter?"
"I am a chocolate lover, and always looking for new recipes for chocolate We loved this pie in my house. It is a bit rich (that coming from a chocolate lover) but just have a small slice and it works out great."
"Delicious, especially if you use real whipped cream."
"Yumm!! We love this!!"
"This pie is so easy to make! I did have too much filling and was thankful that the pie crust I bought came in a pack of two. I ended up having to use both crusts. From now on I'll either buy two crusts or a deep dish crust."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.