Frozen Chocolate Pie
When I serve this dessert to company, they often think it has ice cream in it. It does have a smooth texture like an ice cream pie. I've been making this recipe for years - it's a refreshing end to a meal anytime!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls or chips, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with
- chocolate curls or chips if desired. Serve directly from the freezer
- (pie does not need to be thawed to cut). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 302 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.