When I serve this dessert to company, they often think it has ice cream in it. It does have a smooth texture like an ice cream pie. I've been making this recipe for years - it's a refreshing end to a meal anytime!
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked
- Chocolate curls or chips, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add cocoa alternately with milk; mix well. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pour into pie shell. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with chocolate curls or chips if desired. Serve directly from the freezer (pie does not need to be thawed to cut). Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Chocolate Pie in Country Extra November 1993, p47
Reviews for Frozen Chocolate Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review