- For chocolate sauce, in small heavy saucepan, melt butter and
- chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in sugar and evaporated milk.
- Cook over low heat 45-60 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in extracts and salt. Cool to
- room temperature.
- Spread ice cream into meringue crust. Fold whipped cream into cooled
- chocolate sauce. Spread over ice cream layer; cover and freeze until
- firm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 435 calories, 20 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.